Finding hobbies both you and your partner love can be somewhat difficult, especially if you two consider yourselves to be very different people. But with some perspective and analyze you will soon realize you are not so different after all. If you were, you would not have been attracted to each other.
Here is how you will find a hobby you will both love:
- Talk about common interests – go out if you want to or simply have dinner at home and talk about things you like. Discover what things you got in common, such as nature, design or any other domain and take it from there.
- Look for fun activities – search on the Internet, ask your friends or any other source what activities you can do together. Do not go for a boring one or something that the other might not fully enjoy. You want this activity to turn into your hobby and connect you two, not to break you apart or anything.
- Invite your partner to enjoy a thing you like – kindly ask your partner to try a thing you enjoy. This does not mean that if your partner simply hates watching soap operas you should make him watch them with you. He might start hating them even more. And you might have a big fight over this. Be considerate regarding the activity you plan on sharing with your partner. Put yourself in his shoes. Would you like, as a woman, to be taken to a mechanic shop and put to work? As much as you hate it, your partner hates it too.
- Respect your partner when he says no – always keep in mind that you are trying to find a common hobby, not to start an argument. In other words, if your partner simply says no to a possible hobby do not pressure him into doing it. It simply might not be his thing and there is no point in yelling at him for no reason. Accept his decision and find something else. There are plenty of things to choose from.
- See what you have already experienced together – discover what you two have already done together. What were the things that brought you two together? You can always discover some link to your common habits and enjoy them as much as the other hobbies.
After you have completed all these steps, you are most likely to find a common hobby or more. If you found more, see which one is more important for you two, which one you would like to start doing right away. That is the one for you.
Finding common ground is a thing related with a deep analyze into your relationship. If you are able to communicate in the right way, you will find the common hobby you have been looking for. If your communication is bad, you will end up in an unfortunate situation.